CCEDNet member, Thrive, is recruiting 24 leaders for their second cohort of the Simon Fraser University certificate program in community economic developmen locatedt in Calgary! This is a great opportunity for you to pick up the tools and confidence you need to build sustainable, local economies today. Through the program, which is also available in Vancouver, you will learn methods that work, that move us toward sustainability, and that can be implemented by neighbourhoods and communities with limited resources.
Get your application in by July 31st!
Benefits to Participants
- access to the most effective and efficient strategies
- access to hundreds of case studies
- essential skills to thrive in the new economy
- access to experienced and gifted practitioners
- propel your projects forward
- develop and animate leadership in service of building local economies
- access to alumni network, news and events
- develop a lasting and relevant peer network
"The Program’s broad-based, grassroots approach to community economic development is extremely valuable, surprisingly innovative, and completely refreshing."
Dave Kalinchuk, Economic Development Manager, Rocky View
"I came to the program because of my desire to find a new way of making economics relevant to First Nations’ communities because nothing has seemed to really work that both reaches the community and engages them. I found a way to do that here."
Jessica Hill, Oneida Nation of The Thames
"The SFU CED program is a truly powerful space for all of us to connect, learn and build community within our growing professional network."
Wes Regan, Executive Director, Hastings X Business Improvement Association