The Federal Government has launched a nation-wide call to action to help in the creation of an Inclusive Innovation Agenda. The federal department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development wants to hear your ideas around what they've identified as six key areas for action, the first of which includes the question "What more can be done to cement Canada's place as a leader in social entrepreneurship?".
The six areas for action are:
- Entrepreneurial and Creative Society
- Global Science Excellence
- World-Leading Clusters and Partnerships
- Grow Companies and Accelerate Clean Growth
- Compete in a Digital World
- Ease of Doing Business
The Canadian CED Network encourages submissions supporting community-led social innovation, such as social enterprises, co-operatives, social finance and community economic development initiatives.
Please log in to the government's consultation website and 'like' the ideas below or add your own. It only takes a few minutes and will help demonstrate the demand for social innovation as part of Canada's Innovation Agenda. If you submit your own proposals, email us at communications at ccednet-rcdec.ca and we'll promote them here.
- Use Social Procurement and Community Benefit Agreements for Inclusive Growth
- Create Tailored Investment Funds
- Improve Access to Business Development Programs for Co-operatives and Non-profits
- Modernize Regulations for Charities and Non-Profits Operating Businesses
- Invest in an Enabling National Ecosystem for Social Innovation and Inclusive Growth
- Facilitate Social Innovation Knowledge Transfer
- Play a Greater Role in International Social Innovation Leadership
These recommendations were also presented in a letter CCEDNet sent to Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
CCEDNet Member Proposals
|Vancouver Island Community Investment Cooperative; Laloca Fair Trade Social Enterprise|
|New Market Funds; Vancity; Renewal Funds; Tides Canada|
|Ecotrust Canada; Potluck Cafe; Climate Smart; The AMP; Ecotrust Canada Capital; the Binners Project|
|Taina Maki Chahal; Rosalind Lockyer; Dr. Batia Stolar|
|MaRS Centre for Impact Investing|
|Momentum Community Economic Development Society|
- News Release: Building an inclusive and innovative Canada
- Biographies of Innovation Leaders
- Speech: Launch of Innovation Agenda – Minister Bains
- Speech: Launch of Innovation Agenda – Minister Duncan
- Speech: Launch of Innovation Agenda – Minister Chagger