On September 20, 2016 the International Leading Group on Social and Solidarity Economy (ILGSSE) held a high-level event organized by France and coordinated by the association The Mont-Blanc Meetings (MBM) – International Forum of the Social and Solidarity Economy Entrepreneurs as permanent secretariat.
In view of the Habitat III Conference, this event gathered high profile actors, including Minister of Families, Children and Social Development of Canada, Jean-Yves Duclos and Yvon Poirier, Secretary of the Canadian CED Network's Board of Directors, to promote an economy that reconciles environmental, social and economic efficiency, providing multiple solutions coherent with an overall goal of sustainable development.
Follow on Twitter (#ESS #LeadingGroupSSE)
PROGRAMME AND SPEAKERS
SSE as a vector of sustainable urban development
- François Hollande, President of the French Republic
- Head of States who will attend the event
- Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development of Canada
- André Vallini, Minister of State for Development and Francophonie of France
- José Graziano Da Silva, Director General of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and Chair of the UN inter-agencies Task-Force on SSE (UNTFSSE)
- Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi, General Secretary of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Public policies for the Social Solidarity Economy (SSE)
How can local public policies support SSE’s development?
- Denis Coderre, Mayor of Montréal and President of Metropolis
- Christian Yaccarini, President and CEO of Société de développement Angus (SDA)
- Yvon Poirier, Vice-coordinator of the Intercontinental Network for the Promotion of Social Solidarity Economy (RIPESS) *Secretary of CCEDNet's Board of Directors*
- Carlos de Freitas, Director of Programs of the Global Fund for Cities Development (FMDV)
Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) for social and economic inclusion, social and environmental justice of cities and human settlements
How does SSE make it possible to build sustainable cities and human settlements and to provide a framework of urban inclusion?
- Mercedes Peñas, First Lady of Costa Rica
- Gilbert Houngbo, Deputy-Director General for Partnerships and Field Operations of the International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Video "The housing cooperatives to access housing in Mali and Senegal”, ADER RIED project, co-financed by the European Union and the French Development Agency (AFD)
- Rodrigo Gouveia, Director of Policy of the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA)
- Elisa Carolina Torrenegra, Latin America Vice-president of the International association of mutual benefit societies (AIM) and Executive Director of Gestarsalud
Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) to finance cities and territories
How does SSE mobilize and generate resources revealing the territorial development potentials?
- Maria-Elena Querejazu, Vice-president of the International association of investors in the social economy (INAISE)
- Chantal-Line Carpentier, Head of United Nations Conference on Trade And Development’s New York Office (UNCTAD)
Progress on implementing the International Leading Group on Social and Solidarity Economy (ILGSSE) joint declaration: one year later
- Abdou Salam Fall, President of the Scientific Committee of the Mont-Blanc Meetings (MBM) - International Forum of the Social and Solidarity Economy Entrepreneurs
Announcement of a declaration from the International Leading Group on Social and Solidarity Economy (ILGSSE)
"SSE: key sector for a sustainable urban development"
- Thierry Jeantet, President of the Mont-Blanc Meetings (MBM) – International Forum of the Social and Solidarity Economy Entrepreneurs