The Conseil de la coopération de l'Ontario (CCO), a member of the Canadian CED Network, is proud to announce the recipients of five grants, as part of the Doing Business Differently program. The program is aimed at developing social enterprise projects within non-for-profit organizations and was the perfect occasion for CCO to give workshops in Central and South-Western Ontario. Five municipalities have benefited from this initiative: Toronto, London, Windsor, Welland and Penetanguishene. At the end of each workshop, participants had the opportunity to submit a social enterprise project. With the help of these grants, the selected projects will be able to see the light of day.
The recipients are:
- The Alliance française de Toronto for its Maison des arts et loisirs pour les enfants.
- The Mouvement des intervenants en communication radio de l’Ontario (MICRO) for its low-price publicity campaigns on francophone community radios in all of Ontario.
- Library of things proposed by (CCEDNet Employee Tom Jakop)
- The Cercle des copains de London for its French wish cards and artisan products point of sale.
- The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County for its language classes for immigrants.
Doing Business Differently is an initiative of the Conseil de la coopération de l'Ontario funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development
Conseil de la coopération de l'Ontario
416-364-4545 / julien.geremie at cco.coop