Calling Canada’s Amazing Social Entrepreneurs: Applications Open for the $100,000 Social EnterPrize
The Social EnterPrize seeks to celebrate and advance leadership and excellence in social entrepreneurship across Canada.
If you are interested in applying for the Social EnterPrize and fit the Eligibility Requirements below, as a preliminary step, we ask that you please fill out the Idea Submission below. The Idea Submission must be completed and sent in by March 20th, 2019. Submissions that are selected to move forward will be contacted by May 6th, 2019 and will be given access to the full application with 4 weeks to complete it.
Please note that given the high volume of Idea Submissions they get, only Idea Submissions that we are moving forward with will hear from them. They also ask that you please refrain from contacting the Trico Foundation Team directly. Should you need to reach their team, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be an organization headquartered in Canada (can operate outside of Canada);
- Both non-Profit and For-Profit incorporation will be considered;
- The social enterprise has at least 3 years of sales as of February 20th, 2019;
- The social enterprise must address a gap in society (i.e. relief of economic exclusion, relief of poverty, relief of social exclusion, promoting good health or well-being, helping children and/or youth at risk, relief of the aged/seniors, enhanced quality of education, gender equality, clean water and sanitation, affordable and clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, responsible consumption and production, climate action, enhancing life below water or on land, enhanced peace and justice);
- The applicant must be taking ‘direct action’ to close the gap in society: “A direct action is one an actor takes personally in order to bring about a specific desired outcome. An indirect action is one in which the actor convinces [or helps] another person or entity to take the specific action that brings about the desired outcome.” For example, consultants, incubators or accelerators, or associations that achieve social impact solely by helping other social enterprises achieve social impact, while laudable, do not qualify for the Social EnterPrize;
- The award will be formally presented during Global Entrepreneurship Week on the evening of November 21st, 2019 in Calgary and the applicant must be available to accept the award (travel & accommodations will be provided);
- The recipient of the award must agree to be showcased in a video profile and to have a Canadian post-secondary institution write an in-depth case-study about their social enterprise.