The federal government has taken -- and continues to take -- swift and bold actions in response to COVID-19. However, important budgetary and policy decisions will need to be made in the near future about how to emerge from this crisis in a way that strengthens our resilience and prosperity.
Leaders from the co-operative, social economy, social enterprise, non-profit and community economic development sectors have submitted a joint letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The letter provides concrete recommendations for moving toward a post-COVID economy in which the most vulnerable are protected and everyone can thrive.
Many of the co-signatories to the shared recommendations in this letter also have more detailed proposals for their sector. Read more:
- Imagine Canada - Sector Resilience Grant Program
- Canada’s Co-op Network - Letter to Parliamentarians
- Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation - Proposal to the Prime Minister
- Social Enterprise Council of Canada - Letter to Ministers
- Buy Social Canada - Social Procurement Recommendations
- Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation - Supporting Rural Recovery & Resilience after COVID-19