The Common Approach to Impact Measurement is looking for 12 people to sit on its inaugural Governance Group.
The Governance Group is a key vehicle for community ownership of the Common Approach. For the Common Approach to be successful in establishing a flexible standard of impact measurement in Canada for the benefit of social-purpose organizations and others, it is important that there is an active and engaged community of folks overseeing the evolution and refinement of the standard. Successful standards are the community behind them.
This is an exciting time to join the Common Approach, and the new Governance Group is a great way to get involved. First-term members will:
- Draw on good governance experience of fiscal oversight, ethics, and risk management
- Develop the Strategic Planning Framework for the Common Approach
- Oversee the adoption strategy and identify pathways for engagement with other stakeholders and social purpose organizations across Canada
- Provide oversight of the four standards that include: The Common Foundations, Common Form, the Common Framework, and the Common Impact Data Standard
- Support partner and funding development to ensure that the Common Approach can meet its potential
The Common Approach will hold a Q & A webinar on Tuesday, September 8 at 2:00 pm ET to answer any and all questions you might have about the governance model and the call.
Interested, or know someone who might be? To apply, send a resumé and a letter that expresses your interest in the Governance Group for the Common Approach to Impact Measurement to Joanna Reynolds: joanna (at) socialinnovation.ca
Applications are due September 11, 2020.