Youth Programs Coordinator
Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
As soon as possible - March 2009
Please submit your CV and a letter of application no later than July 31, 2008 by email to Stacy Barter firstname.lastname@example.org . Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Youth Programs Coordinator reports to the Manager of CED Youth Programs at CCEDNet's office in Victoria B.C. and helps to support youth engagement and leadership in community economic development (CED). This dynamic position involves facilitation, development and implementation of a range of programs targeted to young people, including:
• the BC Youth In Charge program funded by Service Canada working to strengthen youth engagement in the labour market and CED, involving 8 rural and 3 urban communities.
• a national intern program for young graduates to gain career-relevant work experience with CED organizations. The program is funded by the Government of Canada, Service Canada, Career Focus Program.
• a Community Development Service Learning project to provide civic engagement opportunities for youth with community organizations across Canada.
• support to the Emerging Leaders Committee of CCEDNet, which focuses on engaging young CED practitioners.
The position is a key opportunity for a professional with some program development, facilitation and implementation experience. Contributing to a vibrant and growing area of work with youth and community partners, this position works to enhance youth leadership in community economic development across Canada.
Implement funded youth program activities of the Network, including:
- Developing program work plans
- Fulfilling all reporting requirements of funders
- Implementing program activities, evaluations and records
- Facilitating and coordinating program activities with youth leaders and partners
- Communicating program results and activities to members and stakeholders
- Posting up-to-date information on youth activities and opportunities
- to CCEDNet's website and newsletters
Acquiring new funding and resources for youth program activities that are priorities of the Network, including:
- Identifying potential sources of funding
- Developing positive relationships with potential and existing funders
- Completing applications for funding including responses to proposal calls
- Working with partners on joint funding proposals
- Developing appropriate revenue-generating activities, products and services
Supporting member-led committees and working groups focused on youth engagement/leadership, including:
- Coordinating the schedules for meetings
- Liaising with chairs of committees on agendas and workplans
- Developing and implementing workplans that are consistent with CCEDNet's strategic plan and board direction
- Facilitating and attending telephone and in-person meetings, workshops, and peer learning activities
- Providing secretarial support including taking of minutes
- Posting up-to-date information on committee activities to CCEDNet's website and newsletters
- Preparing briefing and other materials to further committee mandates
Reports to the Manager of CED Youth Programs.
• Maintain effective working relationships with CCEDNet regional coordinators, management team, finance, administration, communication staff and all levels of CCEDNet's organization
• Work effectively and in collaboration with partners, stakeholders and youth participants.
• A bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience (three plus years) in community development, youth engagement/leadership, public administration, adult education, or a related discipline.
• Experience in youth and community program development, facilitation and implementation.
• Excellent facilitation skills and experience working with youth
• Experience in administering funding agreements and reporting requirements.
• Excellent command of written English.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team.
• Experience working with community-based organizations.
• Knowledge of community economic development (CED) and the Canadian CED Network.
• Experience with youth-driven and youth-led initiatives, and understanding of youth engagement principles
• Demonstrated good judgement.
• Ability to travel within Canada.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
• Position based at CCEDNet's head office in Victoria, BC.
• Requires extensive computer use and teleconferencing with participants.
• May involve overtime work at peak periods.
• Pay rate is up to $20/hr 35hrs/week, depending on experience, plus statutory benefits.
• Fifteen days/year vacation entitlement
A copy of program information relevant to the position is available on the CCEDNet website at www.ccednet-rcdec.ca.