Nominations are currently being sought for two positions on CCEDNet’s Board of Directors with mandates ending at the 2020 Annual General Meeting. At this time, the Board is particularly seeking candidates with legal, human resource or communications expertise, though anyone with energy and a vision for the CED movement in Canada is invited to submit their candidacy.
CCEDNet Board Obligations
The Board is the custodian of the vision of the membership and is responsible for carrying out the mandate of the Network. In participation with the membership and the CED community more broadly, the Board charts the course of action CCEDNet undertakes to achieve that vision.
The main duties of Board members involve:
- Planning - developing plans to meet the goals and objectives of the membership as described in strategic planning materials.
- Policy Making - adopting policies based on options and recommendations prepared by staff
- Monitoring - reviewing progress of CCEDNet’s activities
- Liaising - acting as a liaison with Members in their region
- Participating in Committees - serving on various Board, Standing and member committees, including Finance, Governance, Member Engagement and other temporary working groups
On occasion, board members are also requested to act as representatives of CCEDNet at public functions or events, or in dialogue with government departments.
Directors must be members in good standing for the entire duration of their term. While activities fluctuate, Directors must be prepared to commit a minimum of 1 hour of preparation and 2 hours of participation in at least 10 monthly teleconference meetings over the course of the year. Board officers are required to be available for an additional 1.5 hours per month.
The following Board members would be happy to discuss the role and responsibilities of Directors and can be contacted at the coordinates below:
For a complete copy of the Code Governing Members of CCEDNet’s Board of Directors or any other questions, contact CCEDNet at 1-877-202-2268 or info at ccednet-rcdec.ca
To submit your candidacy, email your CV and short cover letter summarizing your background and motivation for joining the Board to mtoye at ccednet-rcdec.ca by January 20, 2019.