The Stronger Together Award celebrates individual and organizational members who have made exceptional contributions to Community Economic Development and/or who have provided outstanding leadership to CCEDNet in achieving our vision of sustainable, equitable and inclusive communities directing their own futures.
In 2019, the inaugural awards were given to three individuals who had received honorary lifetime memberships over the years: Eunice Grayson, Stewart Perry and Rankin MacSween. In 2020, an award was given to Diana Jedig for her longstanding leadership on the Board. We now continue the annual tradition of recognizing and honouring four CCEDNet members who have advanced Community Economic Development by working to strengthen and advance sustainable and equitable local economies.
One of the four annual awards will be designated as the Youth Leadership Award in recognition of Stewart Perry’s commitment to youth leadership in Community Economic Development. This award champions action and innovation made by young people that has created positive social impact within their community.
It is our honor to highlight the invaluable work of our network. We warmly invite CCEDNet members to nominate their peers. The deadline to submit nominations is May 7, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
The 2021 Stronger Together Award recipients will be celebrated at the 22nd Annual General Meeting on June 11, 2021.
- Please read the following criteria, nomination process and selection process information on this page before submitting your nomination.
- Please complete the Nomination Form in its entirety and submit
- Please submit a signed copy of the Nominee Consent Form to Adriana Zylinski at firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading [Stronger Together Awards - “Name of Nominee”] and indicate that you have also submitted the nomination form.
The nominees must be CCEDNet members in good standing for at least 1 year and demonstrate leadership in advancing CED in one or more of the following areas:
- Strengthening community support systems and creating solutions that benefit and empower those in need.
- Advocacy and policy work that encourages municipal, provincial and/or federal representatives to take action toward equitable, inclusive and sustainable community economies.
- Fostering peer learning environments and building collaborative peer connections that engage and build capacity for others to be agents of change in their communities.
- Youth category: significant contribution or innovation made by a young person (under 30 years of age) that has created positive social impact or inspired others to become engaged in supporting their communities.
Nominations can be made by any individual or organizational member in good standing that is not on the Stronger Together Award Selection Committee. Former award recipients may not be nominated again; however, previous nominees may be.
The Stronger Together Award Selection Committee, composed of Board members, and CCEDNet staff, will review the nomination forms and select the award recipient(s).
The committee will evaluate and score the nominees based on the completed written content of the nomination form and an assessment of merit.
If you have any questions or need support in sending your nomination, please contact Adriana Zylinski at email@example.com.