(Linking Infrastructure And Investment for Social enterprise in Ontario)
LIAISOn is a three year collaborative project to enhance the availability and consolidation of resources to support the growth of the social enterprise (SE) sector in Ontario.
Funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation and led by the Canadian Community Economic Development Network in Ontario this project is working to:
- Creating a profile of the SE sector through the 2012 Social Enterpise Survey for Ontario.
Inspiring Innovation: The Size Scope and Socio-economic Impact of Social Enterprise in Ontario is the report based on the survey analysis.
- Developing an online database and marketplace of Ontario SEs
- Create an online “Window on Social Enterprise” linking to a compendium of accessible resources.
- Develop online and in-person events that share case studies and effective SE models.
- Partner with the Rural Social Enterprise Constellation project, hosted by the Ontario Nonprofit Network , to improve investment infrastructure in four rural regions: Huron-Perth, Peterborough-Kawarthas-Durham, Thunder Bay region and Simcoe County.
This initiative builds on the significant work to support social enterprise development by numerous Ontario organizations and networks. In recent years, the Ontario Social Economy Roundtable (OSER) has been the primary vehicle for province-wide collaboration around social enterprise. OSER has had an important role in heightening the profile of social enterprise and has made significant policy gains, particularly in the area of social finance.
LIAISOn co-applicant partners include Canadian CED Network, Rural Ontario Institute, Huron Business Development Corporation, and Centre Canadien pour le Renouveau Communautaire.
LIAISOn Project Advisory Group includes OSER members:
|Conseil de la cooperation d l'Ontario (CCO)|
|Social Innovation Generation - MaRS (SiG@MaRS )|
|Social Economy Centre, OISE/ U of T|
|Pillar Nonprofit Network|
|Community Opportunity and Innovation Network (COIN)|
|Collaborative for Innovative Social Enterprise Development (CISED)|
|Social Purpose Enterprise Network|
|Social Enterprise Rural Alliance|
|PARO Centre for Women|
Contact : Paul Chamberlain email@example.com (647) 891-8402