Join CCEDNet's Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice!
Looking to continue learning, sharing, and building on your capacity for Local Organizing for Fair Economies? Join an emerging national community of local practitioners and community organizers, connecting and exploring how local organizing principles and approaches can contribute to the creation of more sustainable, fair and inclusive economies.
Everyone is welcome who is interested in connecting people and ideas for action to build local economies that strengthen communities and benefit everyone - whether you're just learning about this work, or are already involved in local community organizing.
The Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice helps:
- Curate resources (such as our Community Benefits page)
- Facilitate conversations about challenges and solutions
- Track policy updates (municipal, provincial, federal, Indigenous, etc.)
- Identify resources available
The Community of Practice meets via Zoom video call.
A Google Group is used to continue these conversations and serve as an organizing space. Join the group!
Join the conversations! Click on the link to register, receive the link to join the calls, and find out more about each topic area.
- Local Organizing for Small Scale Innovation, April 24, 2020, 1pm ET
- Organizing Across Sectors & Silos: Weaving Networks, May 29, 2020, 1pm ET
- Organizing for Powerful Gatherings, June 26, 2020, 1pm ET
- Local Organizing for Fair Economies - CoP #1 - September 5, 2019
- Local Organizing for Fair Economies - CoP #2 - October 30, 2019
- Local Organizing for Responsible Development - January 31, 2020
- Organizing for Grassroots Power & Leadership, February 28, 2020, 1pm ET
- Organizing for Social Procurement and Community Benefits, March 27, 2020, 1pm ET
Interested in getting involved or have questions? Contact Michael Barkman at email@example.com.
More background? Watch this April 2019 Webinar, led by co-facilitators from PowerLab, Alejandra Bravo and Mercedes Sharpe Zayas.