Across Canada, people are taking action to create more equitable, inclusive and sustainable community economies. Governments can help. The federal election is a prime opportunity to tell candidates how they can make a difference.
CCEDNet's Policy Priorities recommend three areas for action:
- Build on recent progress in Social Innovation and Social Finance by producing a full strategy that implements all 12 recommendations of the Co-Creation Steering Group, and ensure equity-seeking groups play a leading role in the next stages of the strategy.
- Invest in fair economies by creating community benefit requirements for federal contracts, co-creating a strong national strategy for community employment benefits, and taking steps to grow community investment funds across Canada.
- Redirect Workforce Development programs to scale up integrated training approaches and ensure that vulnerable groups receive a greater portion of labour market transfer agreement funding.
These policy changes can create a supportive environment for community economies to thrive. Ask your candidates about these recommendations now.
Here are some other election resources from CCEDNet members and partners
- Cooperatives and Mutuals Canada - Make co-operatives matter this election!
- Ontario Nonprofit Network federal election platform
- Imagine Canada Election Hub
- ABLE Financial Empowerment Network federal election engagement toolkit
- Réseau québécois d'innovation sociale analysis of party platforms on social innovation (French only)
Ideas or questions? Contact us at info at ccednet-rcdec.ca