Join Futurpreneur and The Growcer for a National Zoom Gathering: Baking food security into your social enterprise business model, a solution for northern, Indigenous communities.
In this webinar, you will:
- Meet inspiring social entrepreneurs who are leading the way
- Learn how social purpose business models can effectively address food insecurity and empower Indigenous communities at the same time
- Connect with inspiring social entrepreneurs who are integrating food security into their business models
- Find out how The Growcer recognizes the needs of diverse communities and integrates this understanding with equity as a key pillar of their business model
- Learn about the life cycle of a Growcer project and get key insights on what it is like to own/operate this novel food security solution in Northern communities and the community impacts.
Meet our Panelists:
- Alida Burke: Co-founder and COO, The Growcer Meet Alida and learn why she and Corey Ellis developed The Growcer business concept in 2015 and what they have achieved and learned so far.
- Merlyn Recinos: Mayor of ᐃᒡᓗᓕᒃ (Igloolik), Nunavut, Co-Founder of Arctic Fresh. Learn about his entrepreneurial vision for Igloolik and how he startedhis first business at only age 8!
- April Folz: Economic Development Director, Sheshegwaning First Nation. Learn about the growing importance of developing innovative solutions to bring fresh food to her community located on Manitoulin Island, approximately 112km west of Little Current, especially in light of COVID-19.
- Joanne Norris (moderator): Director, Indigenous & Northern Communities at Futurpreneur Canada.