Transition Kamloops has been running a climate action program these past few months in collaboration with friends at the Kamloops Food Policy Council and the Kamloops Naturalist Club. Their goal with this program has been to learn about climate-related solutions being implemented around the world, but also to bring about systems change at the local level.
They’re excited to move into the next stage: action! Join Transition Kamloops on April 29 from 10 am to 3 pm for a workshop to create a plan to build local resilience.
- What climate action projects should we take on here in Kamloops?
- What are the next steps for making them happen?
- How can YOU help?
Don’t worry if you haven’t been participating in the course materials; it’s not too late to join for the first time at Action Fest!
The event will run on April 29 from 10 am to 3 pm at Kamloops United Church, 421 St Paul St, downtown Kamloops. Please be prepared to attend the full day. A light lunch will be provided. Please pre-register to ensure there’s enough food for everyone.
Check out the existing Action Project Ideas ― or add your own!
- Decide if you are a Champion or Supporter. Champions will present a climate action project idea and be prepared to help organize and make it happen. Supporters will check out the various ideas and decide which projects they’d like to help with.
For Champions: come with an idea of a climate action project you want to Champion and be prepared to pitch it!
- Why is this project needed?
- What will it take to realize this project? What are the anticipated costs? How many people are needed?
- What’s the timeline?
- Do you have the capacity to be a key leader in this project?
- What action projects interest you?
- What skills, connections, and special gifts do you have that could be valuable to a project and help move it forward?
- How much time do you have to commit to an action project?
It’s going to be an amazing and fun day. Feel free to tell others about it too—climate action takes a village!
Climate Change, Community Ownership