Position Type: Full-time; 6-month term
Start Date: Monday, January 11th, 2021
Compensation: $19/h for 37.5 hours/week
Deadline: Friday, December 18th, 2020
The Youth Agencies Alliance (YAA) seeks a full-time Program Assistant for a 6-month period. The Program Assistant will work closely with the Director to enhance the performance of YAA while assisting the Alliance to meet its outcomes. This work experience placement is part of the Create Action Inclusive Social Innovation program. The Program Assistant will be part of a network of 25 Create Action participants and will join in regular peer learning and training sessions throughout the 6 month work experience, delivered by the program partners: the Canadian CED Network and the National Association of Friendship Centres.
YAA is a network of 15 youth-serving agencies in Winnipeg which aims to strengthen and enhance the capacity of its member agencies. Our capacity-building efforts focus on three core areas including youth programs and engagement, member learning and development, and research and advocacy. As a collaborative network, YAA provides a unique opportunity to regularly engage with and learn from a wide variety of youth-serving organizations and community stakeholders.
- Help the director with coordinating and managing YAA’s work plan from inception to completion.
- Work collaboratively with the program coordinator, the evaluation coordinator and member agencies liaisons to contribute to the planning and development of projects.
- Perform research work and summarize findings.
- Identify and evaluate challenges while utilizing resources to solve problems.
- Keep track of and report on project(s) progress.
- Assist with formatting, publishing, recording, or sharing of reports and documents.
Social Media Management:
- Assist with creating and uploading content to various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and the organization’s website.
- Collect and assess data and analytics across digital platforms.
- Daily social media monitoring and engagement, answer questions and comments from followers
- Build and strengthen online relationships with key influencers and community partners
- Taking care of admin tasks such as scheduling meetings, recording meeting minutes, printing, filing, preparing presentations, gathering materials for events, etc.
- Submit invoices and all other materials required for budget tracking
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at start of placement;
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and
- Be experiencing one or more barriers to employment; and/or
- Be not in education, employment, or training (NEET).
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to set priorities and coordinate tasks.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative work environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of social issues in assigned areas; ability to facilitate relationships with diverse parties.
- Ability to work independently and virtually.
- Must be energetic, creative, and interested in supporting youth-serving agencies across Winnipeg.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous values considered an asset
We encourage individuals aged 18-30 to apply for the Program Assistant position, and especially welcome applicants from Indigenous and racialized communities. We are understanding of different circumstances, experiences, and backgrounds and aim to provide as much support as possible. This position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume via email to director at youthagenciesalliance.com with the email subject line: Program Assistant - YOUR NAME.