Job Location: Work from home, anywhere in Alberta
Type of Job: Full-time, up to 21 month contract
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000/year
Closing Date: June 5, 2021, 1:30:00 a.m.
About this Position
With support from the Provincial government Civil Society Fund, AB Seed will grow social enterprise activities in Alberta and enhance connection between social enterprises and available supports and financing options through Collaborative Capacity Building: This approach will include creating on the ground support for social enterprise developers; connecting innovative prototypes and designs with entrepreneurs who have the capacity to scale sustainable enterprises for social impact; enhancing social finance readiness/deal flow; and social procurement connecting/brokering. We will grow capacity and strengthen a network of social enterprises & relevant support organizations. Our focus will be to increase diversity in the ecosystem. This will result in new business and financial resources supporting social enterprises and increased social impact throughout Alberta.
Basically we need someone who can help us connect and grow the ecosystem in Alberta through relationships, connecting, and supporting all the different parts and pieces of the ecosystem.
These are full-time contract positions estimated at $55,000 - $65,000 per year up to 21 months in length, with some flexibility. Candidates can be located anywhere in Alberta, and the position will be work from home, with some potential for office space available with ecosystem partners if required. AB Seed is an inclusive employer, and will offer accessibility support for positions as needed.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume, with a cover letter detailing how you want to contribute to the Alberta Social Enterprise and Social Finance Ecosystem via the 'apply now' button at the top of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. One position will close June 4 and applications for the second position are being accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes would be considered assets for these positions:
- Understanding and comfort with complex problems
- Understanding of how to foster growth in networks and ecosystems
- Experience connecting with diverse groups and broad representations, including BIPOC, and Rural populations.
- Experience facilitating large groups and generative conversations
- Experience and understanding of social entrepreneurship, social finance, entrepreneurship, investment and finance, and/or social procurement.
- Experience with resource mapping, ecosystem mapping, and navigating resources
- Experience gathering and convening groups
- Experience with data sets, databases, and data analysis
- Understanding and experience with impact measurement
- Experience or understanding of government relations and public policy
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the AB Seed Coordinator we are hiring two ecosystem capacity builders who will:
- Engage ecosystem stakeholders
- Organize and facilitate in communities of practice, training, and events (in-person and virtual) focused on social procurement, social finance, and social innovation.
About AB Seed
AB Seed (Alberta Social Economy Ecosystem Development) is a collaborative of social enterprise and social finance leaders seeking to develop a strong social economic ecosystem in Alberta.
Together, we are building the social economy ecosystem in Alberta by enhancing collaboration, communication, and strategization of leaders and contributors working in the social economy. The social economy includes organizations like non-profits, co-ops, and social enterprises that are blending important social outcomes with business practices.
Our vision for Alberta’s future is to be the best place to build and grow the social economy. We're doing this through ongoing engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders, convening communities of practice & other initiatives on shared priorities like social finance and social procurement, developing online communications tools, and hosting meetings and events as local public health restrictions allow.
In short, we are a collaborative project tackling a complex problem with creative solutions, making space in Alberta where social enterprises can better connect with the resources and supports they require to be successful.
While we're new and reviewing our structure as we grow, currently AB Seed is responsible to a Steering Committee and a fiscal sponsor.