Want to do work that makes a difference?
We work to change lives. Check out our mission, vision and values on our website. Don’t forget to read about how we work with our participants to make a difference.
Momentum staff are expected to work cooperatively with others; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; have good communication skills; and demonstrate thoughtfulness in decision making. As a learning organization Momentum staff are also expected to continuously develop professionally and personally.
Staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family and community.
Momentum is an award winning and nationally recognized community economic development organization utilizing innovative approaches to poverty reduction. We’re striving to be an employer of choice and were selected as one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2016. We provide competitive compensation and benefits with an unparalleled work environment. We’re professional and diverse so you’ll find a range of people and backgrounds working here anywhere from an MBA to Social Work and everything in between. We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to celebrate and have fun along the way. We have high standards within a supportive setting that allows us to achieve a lot and have meaningful impact in the community. We’re good corporate citizens with sustainability being one of our values and take care to reduce our environmental footprint.
If this sounds like a place where you would want to work, please review the position below to see if there’s a fit with your skills and experience.
The role of the Research & Evaluation Coordinator is to plan and implement research and evaluation projects with an emphasis on outcome evaluation and the generation of knowledge to increase Momentum’s impact. The Research & Evaluation Coordinator provides research and evaluation support to Momentum program and community leadership staff and is responsible to the Director of Strategy & Learning.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Evaluation Coordination
- Research Coordination
- Participant Engagement in program and policy design
- Organization & Community Involvement
- Supervisor: Director of Strategy & Learning
- Director of Operations
- Momentum staff
- Advance Momentum’s Strategic Map objective to leverage our research and evaluation capacity to accelerate program and community leadership results.
- Enhance the capacity of Momentum to be a critically reflective and analytical organization.
- Ensure that high quality, leading edge evaluation practices inform continuous quality improvement processes and organizational learning.
- Develop evaluation and research projects in response to internal program and community leadership learning agendas.
- Advance Momentum’s Strategic Map objective to Deepen Participant Collaboration by engaging with participants to meaningfully shape our programs, community leadership initiatives, and understanding of their lived experience of poverty.
Momentum has a robust mechanism for measuring and demonstrating short and long-term impact of programs and community leadership initiatives.
Indicators of success:
Indicators of success:
Indicator of success:
Organization & Community Involvement
Indicators of success:
- Graduate degree in a related field enhanced with career development training.
- 3 years of experience in coordinating and conducting research and/or evaluation projects in a community-based setting.
- Knowledge and experience with the current field of evaluation, especially in program logic models and outcome evaluation methodologies.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methodologies, and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills; ability to present research results clearly and concisely. Data modeling and visualization skills an asset.
- Experience collecting, managing, and analyzing research and evaluation data, including testing new theories and approaches.
- Capable of working in a self-directed manner and collaborating in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of evaluation and research software.
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving abilities. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize, and take initiative.
- Community based research experience especially with marginalized or barriered individuals, diverse ethno-cultural groups and Indigenous persons and ways of knowing is an asset.
- Community engagement and stakeholder engagement experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of poverty reduction and community economic development (CED) an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a one-page cover letter providing a short description of their research and evaluation interests and skills, explaining how they relate to Momentum’s vision and mission.
E-mail to: job at momentum.org
State competition number in subject line of email.
Competition Number: MOM0302
Attention: Hiring Committee
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Applicants must state salary expectations in their cover letter.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To see why Momentum is a great place to work and what we have to offer visit www.momentum.org