Join NNSP for a webinar with Larry Robbin on Tuesday, October 8
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific / 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
$45 to register / $25 for NNSP members
Do you struggle to help people with limited work histories, multiple barriers, or low motivation to find employment? How can you improve the job-readiness of these hard-to-employ individuals?
People who are hard-to-employ may have little or no work history, multiple barriers to employment, and low levels of motivation to go to work. Serving this group with effective job readiness strategies has often been a huge challenge for workforce programs.
Part of the problem is that most people doing workforce and sector work do not come from the ranks of the hard-to-employ, so it is difficult for people to understand the worldview of the population. This revealing webinar will help you see the world through the eyes of the hard-to-employ so you can design appropriate strategies to work with them.
In the webinar, you will:
- Find out from interviews with hundreds of people that made the journey from hard-to-employ to working person what helped them make that journey.
- Learn multiple innovative job readiness strategies that worked for these individuals so you can put them into your work.
- Discover how to shift your work from an information-based to an experience-oriented model.
- Find out how to use cohorts, program alumni, and individual empowerment strategies to improve job readiness.
- Organize a job readiness coalition that will provide wrap-around, comprehensive barrier removal services.
If you want to help people who are far from being in the labor market move closer to employment, do not miss this webinar.
|About the presenter:|
Larry Robbin, Executive Director of Robbin and Associates, has over 45 years of experience in workforce development working with the hard-to-employ. Besides his direct service experience, Larry has designed successful workforce programs for every population that can be found in the ranks of the hard-to-employ. His innovative approaches have been used to lead thousands of people from long-term unemployment and multiple barriers to a paycheck. Larry is widely regarded as a national expert on helping hard-to-employ people become job ready. He has trained over 100,000 people and presented at over 500 workforce and business conferences.