2009 Call for Resolutions
The Canadian CED Network’s annual general meeting is being held on June 4th at our National CED Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba. All resolutions must be submitted to Bianca Mathieu at no later than April 22, at 4:00 p.m. (PST). Late resolutions will be held over to the AGM in the following year.
All sponsors of resolutions will be contacted no later than May 13. At
that time, sponsors will be notified that their resolution will be
presented at the AGM or that the resolution has been rejected because
it does not fulfill the requirements.
An Emergency Resolution may be submitted later then deadline if it meets the all of following conditions:
- the subject matter deals with events that have arisen after the submission deadline
- it complies with normal submission requirements
- it is submitted no later than noon PST on May 15 2009, seven (20)
days prior to the date of the AGM at the CCEDNet Victoria office.
Resolutions may be submitted by any two (2) members in good standing (a
mover and seconder) and should meet the following criteria:
- deal with a policy matter of national or regional scope, or: deal with the internal operations of CCEDNet.
- falls within the broad jurisdiction of community economic development
- request a specific action on the part of CCEDNet.
The resolution shall be submitted in a single hard copy, and deal
with only one subject. The resolution should contain no more than two
(2) recital clauses (starting with the word “whereas”), one operative
clause (starting with the phrase “Therefore be it resolved”) and may be
accompanied by a note of up to 250 words explaining the origin of the
resolution. (See – Guidelines on Preparing Resolutions for CCEDNet)
Circulation of Resolutions
The Resolutions Committee will ensure that the resolutions (as amended
or consolidated) are accurately translated and posted on the CCEDNet
website by May 3rd. In the case of Emergency Resolutions, the
Resolutions Committee shall ensure accurate translation and that hard
copies of the resolution are distributed at registration for the AGM.
SHORT TITLE Promoting C.E.D.
Sponsor’s Name: Mary Smith, seconded by Bob Jones
WHEREAS; Community Economic Development is insufficiently understood
by the general public;
AND WHEREAS: Visibility is the first step in building awareness;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: that the CCEDNet Board of Directors wear
bright orange t-shirts with the organization mission statement
emblazoned on the back.