The Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure has announced that eleven non-profit intermediary organizations, including Canadian CED Network members PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise, Conseil de la coopération de l’Ontario, Toronto Enterprise Fund, the Ottawa Community Loan Fund and CCEDNet partner the Centre for Social Innovation, will be receiving funding through Ontario’s $4M Social Enterprise Demonstration Fund.
The Social Enterprise Demonstration Fund:
- helps social entrepreneurs/enterprises who are tackling Ontario’s most pressing social and environmental issues, and creating jobs.
- fosters partnerships with not-for-profit intermediary organizations to achieve value-for-money in program delivery
- provides funds to eligible social enterprises, through intermediaries, in the form of grants, loans, equity investments, royalties or through other financial tools
- leverages government contributions through private sector expertise and investments
- serves as a learning platform for demonstrating innovative social finance arrangements