This course explores the benefits and challenges of consensus-based decision making. Based on the concepts explored in Leading Meetings, this course will provide specific contexts and ways to use the consensus process within your organization. Discussion topics include consensus principles and definitions, a consensus building model, and guidelines for implementation.
During this course Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the elements needed for consensus to work
- Analyse the benefits and challenges raised by consensus decision making
- Learn a step by step process and guidelines
- Explore options when agreement is elusive
- Explore a variety of definitions of consensus
- Apply learning to a range of applications for consensus in organizational decision making