The need for socially just and environmentally sustainable communities are now at the forefront of social movements the world over due to the ongoing climate crisis.
To support critical systemic change, Toward Co-operative Commonwealth: Transition in a Perilous Century, a Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) is being delivered by Synergia Institute and Athabasca University.
MOOC Registration Now Open!
Toward Co-operative Commonwealth: Transition in a Perilous Century” is open to registrants from across the world. The course starts January 29, 2023 and registration is open now.
To register, visit https://synergiainstitute.org/.
STARCAP’s Community Partners
CCEDNet is collaborating with Community Partners across the country to register for the MOOC and advance learning outcomes through the Synergia Transition and Resilience Climate Action Program (STARCAP). The program’s objective is to mobilize local climate action in ways that advance community resilience, capacity and climate justice.
The 2023 Community Partners are:
These organizations recognize the urgency of community-led climate action and are already active in that area or are committed to undertaking it. We are honoured to be able to support them in their work.
The program provides impactful community building and mobilization tools including:
- a shared language for community stakeholders to speak about climate change
- frameworks to guide climate action and community resilience initiatives
- tools to network across various stakeholders (local governments, community/regionally anchored businesses, affiliate organizations and networks, youth initiatives, etc.) to advance movement building
- examples of community-led, climate activism from Canada and around the world to inspire and catalyze efforts
- participatory workshops
- 1:1 guidance on climate action and community resilience planning with environmental and community development educators
- networking and network building across the program’s community partner network