THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING! To listen to a full recording of this session, click here
Telelearning Session 21: Co-operative Health Care
Thursday, September 30 2010, 9:00 – 10:00 am Pacific Time (12:00 pm Eastern time)
Register TODAY and join us for a fascinating discussion on co-operatives and health care.
Many Canadians are both proud and worried about health care. For decades it has been a defining aspect of our nationality, a subject of immense pride — as well as a deliverer of good services. The system is now often in question and despite its strengths, many wonder if it could not be improved. Co-operative health services in Canada and many other parts of the world provide excellent services based on concerns about community health as well as individual health and on encouraging individual citizens to assume greater responsibility for their own health. During this session speakers will address the following questions:
- What is the extent and nature of the health co-operatives in your province?
- What are the new initiatives?
- What are the obstacles to future development?
- Jean-Pierre Girard is a lecturer and researcher affiliated with the Institut de recherche et d’éducation pour les coopératives et les mutuelles de l’Université de Sherbrooke.
- Catherine Levinten-Reid is an Assistant Professor in the Shannon School of Business, Cape Breton University.
- John Restakis, is the Executive Director of the British Columbia Cooperative Association
- Ian MacPherson, Co-director of CSEHub, and founder of the British Columbia Institute for Co-operative Studies at the University of Victoria. He has been at the University of Victoria since 1976, serving as Chair of the Department of History from 1981 to 1989 and as Dean of Humanities from 1992 to 2000.
- Session Date: Thursday September 30th 2010
- Call begins at 9:00 am Pacific time, 12:00 pm Eastern time.
- Call-in information will be given upon registration
- Register before September 30th to obtain dial in information and background papers
- This session is in English
SESSION FORMAT: 1 Hour
Welcome: 5 min
Presentations: 10 min by each speaker
Discussion: 25 minutes
Register by phoning 250-472-4976, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, location, and work or volunteer position. For more information about the Canadian Social Economy Hub, please visit: www.socialeconomyhub.ca
Limited number of spaces available – Register soon!
For full speakers bios and for more information about this session, click here