Sixteen community organizations have been awarded a total of $1.1 million through the concluding round of the TD Financial Literacy Grant Fund. The TD Financial Literacy Grant Fund is administered by Prosper Canada and supports organizations that deliver financial literacy programming to people living in low income and economically disadvantaged circumstances across the country. This is the final granting round of the Fund which will end, as scheduled, in December 2015.
“The TD Financial Literacy Grant Fund has helped to build a distinct and growing financial literacy field in Canada, providing much needed support to organizations serving at-risk groups,” said Elizabeth Mulholland, Chief Executive Officer, Prosper Canada. “In addition to supporting accessible financial literacy education, the Fund has served as a catalyst for new approaches that have strengthened community financial literacy programs across the country.”
The funding provided to this final group of recipients will support the development and delivery of financial education and support programs for homeless youth, Aboriginal peoples, newcomers, deaf people, women, and seniors.
The following organizations have been awarded grants:
- Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of Canada – Ottawa, ON
- Agincourt Community Services Association – Scarborough, ON
- Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association – Calgary, AB
- Canadian Foundation for Economic Education – Toronto, ON
- Catholic Crosscultural Services – Toronto, ON
- Chilliwack Community Services – Chilliwack, BC
- Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth – Toronto, ON
- Jewish Family Services – Edmonton, AB
- Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre – Kitchener, ON
- La Passerelle Intégration et Développement Économique – Toronto, ON
- Saskatchewan Literacy Network Inc. – Saskatoon, SK
- Silent Voice Canada Inc. – Toronto, ON
- Toronto Centre for Community Learning & Development – Toronto, ON
- YES Employment Services – Thunder Bay, ON
- Young Women’s Christian Association of Moncton – Moncton, NB
- Young Women’s Christian Association St. Thomas Elgin – St. Thomas, ON
For more information please visit: www.prospercanada.org.