Upcoming municipal elections provide an opportunity to get priorities of the Canadian CED Network – Manitoba (CCEDNet-MB) on the public policy agenda. Members of CCEDNet-MB have prioritized the following three policy ideas: procurement, housing, and poverty reduction.
Members asked us to send letters to candidates in Winnipeg, Brandon, and Roblin to see if candidates are in favour of these policy areas. We will be sharing their responses.
Actions you can take:
- Send your own letter to candidates stating your support for these policy ideas and encouraging candidates to respond to our questions. Please send a copy to kbernas at ccednet-rcdec.ca.
Letter templates: Organizational Member | Individual Member
Contact information for candidates: Winnipeg, Brandon (or call 204.729.2210)
- Attend candidate forums and ask questions from our letters to candidates. We are aware of the following upcoming forums. Please email kbernas at ccednet-rcdec.ca if you know of others.
- Food Matters Mayor’s Forum, Sept 16
- Downtown BIZ/Metro Meet and Greet, Sept 22
- City Watch Network Forum, Sept 23
- ArtsVote Winnipeg, Sept 26
- Green Action Forum, Sept 30
- Meet the Candidates Forum, Oct 2
- Community Mayoral Forum: A Positive Response to Poverty, Oct 3
- Women’s Issues Forum (call 774-8975 ext. 203 for details), Oct 8
- Daniel McIntyre Ward All Candidates Forum: Infrastructure and Housing, Oct 8
- Chamber of Commerce, Oct 16
- Share our recent op-ed, City Hall Can Help Jobless, published in the Winnipeg Free Press.