The City of Vancouver prepares annual reports on development contributions – containing important details of what contributions were made and how they were allocated, enabling the public as well as the development community to see the benefits contributed to our city. Community Benefits from Development explains the broader context of Vancouver’s approach to development contributions, and helps residents better understand what kinds of community benefits accompany new development in neighbourhoods.
The City manages the increased demands for facilities by following these principles:
- Community liveability should be maintained as the city grows.
- New developments should contribute to the cost of growth and their impact on the community.
- The cost of City facilities and services should be shared between new and existing developments.
- The economic impact of our development contributions should not affect development or housing affordability.
- Our system should be consistent, transparent, simple, and flexible.
Download Community Benefits from Development: Improving Neighbourhoods and Enabling Affordable Housing
Table of contents
Section 1: Meeting the Needs of a Growing City
Section 2: Vancouver's Approach to Development Contributions
Brief history of development contributions
Development contributions today
Section 3: Examples of Development Contributions
Section 4: Building the City Tomorrow
SOURCE: City of Vancouver