Localising Prosperity provides introduction and guidance for Localise West Midlands' Mainstreaming Community Economic Development (MCED) project, funded by Barrow Cadbury Trust.
MCED is about integrating community economic development into everyday business for a more inclusive model of prosperity. Its initial 2013 research and details of current activity can be found on the Mainstreaming Community Economic Development section of their website.
Localising Prosperity is a new resource that clearly and simply outlines the approach, sources of inspiration and guidance for implementation for diverse audiences: public bodies, communities, businesses, LEPs - anyone interested in making places better and sharing prosperity. The pages include:
- How it works - with the Localising Prosperity Virtuous Circle image
- Some excellent case studies - inspiring and adaptable in the UK context
- A summary of the evidence collated last year (to be updated soon with a pithy factsheet)
- Suggestions for taking action - gleaned from what has been learned over the project's lifetime - including some useful checklists.
- Briefings which can be printed off for distribution or bedtime reading.
- Links to the other excellent organisations proposing similar ideas - whose resources might be useful.
But it's best to start at the beginning and browse.