CCEDNet members and partners interested in hosting EconoUs2019 are invited to submit an expression of interest.
CCEDNet’s national conference is a vital part of a dynamic pan-Canadian movement for inclusive and sustainable community economies. The annual event:
- creates new and strengthens existing relationships among community leaders who share similar challenges, concerns, goals and values;
- promotes new ideas, resources and strategies to strengthen community economies
- contributes to skills development, capacity building, networking and information sharing among practitioners and stakeholders;
- attracts new people to the movement and reinforces the commitment of existing members to the approaches and values promoted by CCEDNet
- provides inclusive opportunities for learning and dialogue on the diversity of approaches and models led by urban, rural, aboriginal, linguistic and cultural minorities, and northern communities to meet their needs;
Hosting the national conference provides a unique opportunity to:
- increase the profile of community economic development among key regional partners, decision makers and the public as a powerful force for inclusive innovation and community well-being;
- position the host as collaborative leader and convenor;
- strengthen local and regional relationships and supports for community economic development that will remain as an ongoing legacy of the event;
- contribute to advancing a pan-Canadian policy agenda supporting CED; and
- celebrate the unique strengths and character of your region.
Host partners are responsible for local and regional mobilization, including fundraising and promotion. In order to help keep registration fees low and the conference accessible, the host should be able to secure approximately $100,000 in local, provincial or regional cash funding or sponsorships for the conference. A supplementary document with background information on previous conferences and typical responsibilities of CCEDNet and host partners is available upon request by emailing mtoye at ccednet-rcdec.ca
Information required in the expression of interest
The expression of interest is intended to be a simple, preliminary step to identify potential hosts. In 1-page (maximum), indicate:
- Reasons for interest
- Experience and capacity to organize a large event
- Potential local, provincial or regional partners
- Potential sponsorship or funding sources and amounts, both cash and in-kind.
Expressions of interest must be sent by January 19, 2018 to mtoye at ccednet-rcdec.ca
For more information about the event, download the EconoUs2017 report
The successful host for EconoUs2019 will be announced at EconoUs2018 in Moncton, September 24-26, 2018.