Partner for Change: UnLock Job Opportunities for Youth
Call for Expressions of Interest to be a Virgin Mobile RE*Generation Partner
Does your organization help at-risk or homeless youth find and keep jobs? Do you accomplish this by providing youth with the skills and experience employers are looking for as well as the support and connections to available job opportunities?
Virgin Mobile RE*Generation is looking to identify and invest in innovative and entrepreneurial youth employment initiatives so as many youth as possible have a meaningful income and a long-term career pathway. Your organization will use the investment to strengthen or scale up your current youth employment initiative.
Open to charities, non-profits, and social enterprises operating in Canada.
Deadline is July 12, 2016
Complete the online Expression of Interest
How can Virgin Mobile RE*Generation investment funding be used?
Possible uses by your organization of a RE*Generation investment may include the following:
- Strengthening or growing a job skills training curriculum and programming (i.e. vocational job skills for a particular industry or type of job; professional/soft skills training such as teamwork, conflict resolution, problem solving, customer service).
- Expanding or enhancing an employment-driven social enterprise that provides hands-on paid employment experience for youth in a full service revenue generating business.
- Development and strengthening of employer and industry partnerships and connections that results in:
- increased sourcing of qualified candidates for available jobs by employers from your initiative ; and/or
- increased job matching and/or placements; and/or
- improved support to youth and employers during the hiring and on-boarding to a job.
- Increasing or strengthening support for youth to overcome possible barriers and challenges to participating in your employment initiative (case management, counseling, stipends/subsidies for transportation, food, special clothing/equipment, counseling, services and supports referrals).
- Growing or strengthening an innovative model or approach that helps youth connect to employment by addressing barriers or gaps in current labour market systems and practices.
Learn more at www.virginmobile.ca/regen or by emailing regeneration at virginmobile.ca
SOURCE: Virgin Mobile