Published jointly by the Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers (Cando) and Captus Press, the Journal of Aboriginal Economic Development (JAED) is a peer-reviewed journal for practitioners and scholars working and researching in areas relevant to Aboriginal economic development.
Published yearly, the Journal is a unique resource for anyone interested in Aboriginal community economic development. Its intent is to explore ideas and build knowledge in the field of Aboriginal economic development theory and practice. The journal prefers a broad interpretation of research and knowledge and encourages a wide variety of contributions in this area.
Volume 10, Issue 2 of JAED will be published in fall 2017 in preparation for the Cando 24th Annual National Conference & AGM.
Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2017
Papers should relate to one of the following areas:
- Aboriginal Community Economic and Enterprise Development
- Aboriginal Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- The Analysis of the Aboriginal Economy
- Sharing and/or Evaluating Current Aboriginal Economic Activity
- Aboriginal Corporate Responsibility, Social Auditing, and the Triple Bottom Line
- Economic Partnerships and Government Relationships
- The Relationship between Indigenous Knowledge and Economic Development
- Indigenous Land Management and Economic Development
- Aboriginal Organizations and Management
- International Aboriginal Trade and the Global Economy
- Aboriginal Community Development: The Role of Elders, Women and Youth
- Change: Traditional and Modern Aboriginal Economies
- A Historical Analysis of Aboriginal Economic Development in Canada
- The Role of Research in Aboriginal Community, Economic, and Business Development
- Community Wellness and Making Poverty History
Submissions may be forwarded to:
Warren Weir – Editor
c/o Svitlana Konoval
9635 – 45th Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6E 5Z8
E-mail: skonoval at edo.ca
Phone: 1-800-463-9300 x 231
Fax: (780) 429-7487
Visit the Cando website for more information and to view past issues of the Journal of Aboriginal Economic Development.