Applications are now open for the communityBUILD Social Venture Pipeline!
Who is Eligible for this Program?
Terms and Conditions
WHAT IS THE MISSION OF THE SOCIAL VENTURE PIPELINE?
To improve the success of social ventures in getting to launch and accessing funding and investment.
WHAT IS THE SOCIAL VENTURE PIPELINE?
The Social Venture Pipeline is program of the communityBUILD initiative. It is a curated pathway for those ventures approaching launch into market and revenue generation consisting of a 4.5-month Accelerator program followed by a 3-month Incubator. Participants will be supported to move their businesses forward to launch through education, networking and mentoring provided by communityBUILD’s expert mentors.
The elements of the Social Venture Pipeline’s approach are:
- Teach a few key entrepreneurial tools to ventures and spend most of the time applying them to the business with the support of experienced mentors
- Ventures benefit from utilizing the power of collaboration and understanding within a community of social ventures
- Interacting with other ventures that bring different perspectives and experiences generates greater innovation for each participant
- The broad social innovation ecosystem of ventures, resources and expertise provides the fertile soil in which the strongest ventures can grow. The entrepreneur who has the most suitable DNA and finds the most beneficial location in the soil will have a better chance of success.
communityBUILD ventures will be pioneers in helping to build a social innovation ecosystem in York Region that will bring together a community of entrepreneurs, resources, expertise and mentoring in the years ahead. All members will share a passion to change the world but know that the issues they’re confronting are so complex that innovation and impact can only be achieved through collaboration.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR VENTURES?
- Improve your chances of launching a sustainable and impactful venture in the Venture Pipeline
- Access to unparalleled entrepreneurial and social mission expertise
- Become part of a cohort of participant ventures and share the process of seven months of development
- Benefit from a carefully constructed, progressive program to develop successful social entrepreneurs
- Increase your understanding of both the risks and opportunities for your ventures
- Meet potential funders and investors
- Compete for $7,500 in grants during the Accelerator reserved for communityBUILD ventures
April 15: Deadline for submission of applications
April 18: Announcement of ventures selected for interviews
April 21: Selection of up to 10 ventures to enter pitch competition
April 27: Pitch competition – up to 5 ventures will be selected at a public event to enter the Social Venture Pipeline
WHERE IS IT?
The Accelerator will take place at York University. The Incubator will be situated in York Region with the location to be announced.
Compete for $7,500 in grants reserved for communityBUILD ventures during the Accelerator