Groundswell is now accepting grant applications for 2019 through their Community Justice Trust Fund!
For projects and organizations with a vision of transforming society by fighting systemic injustices.
For vital work that is not government-funded and not charity.
Apply to the Community Justice Trust Fund
Deadline: February 17, 2019
Groundswell is excited to review applications for $500-$4000 that meet the following criteria:
- Work that is led by the communities the group are organizing; specifically, people most directly affected by oppression
- Work of organizations led by Black and/or Indigenous organizers, to whom we are committed to giving a minimum 50% of funding
- Work that confronts the root causes of oppression, rather than just finding temporary solutions
- Work that actively confronts power imbalances and seeks to build community power
- Work that increases organizational infrastructure, allowing groups to do their work on a long-term basis
- Work that cannot get adequate funding from other sources
- Work taking place within Ontario, though, given our ongoing commitment to decolonize our work, relying on colonial borders requires us to be more flexible.