Adopting Common Measures is a national three-year project that aims to support Social Purpose Organizations as they measure and track their impact towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Adopting Common Measures is being led by the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI), in partnership with Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) and the Common Approach to Impact Measurement. This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Unleash the impact of your Social Purpose Organization (SPO)
Are you interested in…
- Clearly communicating your impact to partners, supporters, customers, and donors?
- Broadcasting your impact goals and achievements across Canada and globally?
- Aligning your impact with one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (like Good Health and Well-being, Food Security, or Decent Work and Economic Growth)?
- We can help you strengthen how you communicate your impact to your stakeholders.
As part of the Adopting Common Measures program, you will get:
- One-on-one sessions to help kickstart your impact conversation
- Facilitated workshops on the Common Foundation Approach to Impact Measurement
- Access to a Community of Practice with similar organizations who want to know more about the benefits of tracking their impact and aligning their goals with the SDGs
Why This Program?
- Adopting Common Measures is for social purpose organizations who want to better track and communicate their impact.
- We welcome all ventures, businesses, and organizations working toward a social purpose, including (but not limited to) nonprofits, for-profits, and social enterprises.
Community of Practice
Take part in a nationwide discussion around how your organization can effectively track, measure and report progress towards your impact goals.
Through facilitated conversations, content expert presentations, peer-learning, resources and software, the community is there to support your work.
The Community of Practice is free to join and membership is open to Canadian organizations wanting to learn or improve their capacity in social impact measurement.
Members who complete all sessions will receive a Professional Development Certificate: Tracking Social Impact using Common Foundations. This certificate will confirm an understanding and application of the planning, measuring and reporting efforts of your impact.
The current Adopting Common Measures Community of Practice kicked off on February 1st, 2023 and meets every two weeks until May 10th.
Profiles in Social Impact
Want to learn more about how Canadian Social Purpose Organizations (SPO’s) are making progress toward achieving Canada’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development? Check out these profiles, written by our partners at Social Innovation Canada:
- A Dashboard, Two Wheels and Social Impact – how The Bike Brigade’s social impact data dashboard helps them in “mobilizing people on bikes to ride in solidarity for more equitable and resilient neighbourhoods.”
- Bridging the Gap: Localizing Global SDG Indicators – how SPO’s in London, Ontario used data to create a city-based set of indicators localized from the UN Sustainable Development Goal Indicators.