The Community Economic Development Capacity Self-Assessment Tool (the “Tool”) will engage recipient organizations of the Enabling Fund for Official Language Minority Communities and Official Language Minority Communities (OLMCs) in a collaborative process – consistent with community economic development principles – to self-identify and assess community strengths, assets, and areas of need related to the capacity for community economic and human resource development.
This Community Capacity Tool is a useful, easy-to-use instrument designed to:
- measure an immediate outcome of the Enabling Fund, namely the progress and/or changes over time in OLMCs’ community capacity for community economic and human resource development;
- engage Enabling Fund recipient organizations and OLMCs in a collaborative process to identify and assess community strengths, assets, and areas of need related to community economic and human resource development;
- in the longer term, contribute to the body of knowledge and research linking community capacity for community economic and human resource development to the linguistic vitality of OLMCs in Canada.
The guide outlines:
- the Tool and how it was developed;
- who should be involved in the assessment process, their roles and responsibilities;
- instructions on how to use the Tool;
- suggestions for how results of the self-assessment may be used by recipient organizations, communities, and HRSDC;
- questions and answers (Q&As); and
- a template of the Tool