THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING, TO LISTEN TO A FULL RECORDING OF THIS SESSION, CLICK HERE
Canadian Social Economy Hub Telelearning Session 20: Building Strong Community University Partnerships
Thursday, September 16 2010, 8:45 – 9:45 am Pacific Time (11:45 am Eastern time)
The Canadian Social Economy Research Partnerships are now in their final year, and SSHRC has recently launched its renewed program architecture including grants in support of formal partnerships. This telelearning session is an opportunity to consider how to build strong research partnerships, including:
- What have we learned about building stronger partnerships from recent Community-University Research partnerships?
- What do community organizations need to know before they enter a research partnership?
- How will changes at SSHRC and other funding agencies affect future Community-University Research Partnerships?
- Jean-Marc Fontan, Professor of sociology at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) and Co-director of the Social Economy Community-University Research Alliance in Québec
- John Anderson, Principal Investigator on the CURA Measuring the Co-operative Difference and Director of the CCA Governmental Affairs and Public Policy Unit
- Murielle Gagnon, Director of Strategic programs and Joint Initiatives, Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- Rupert Downing, is the former Executive Director of the Canadian CED Network and Co-director for the Canadian Social Economy Research Hub
For speakers biographies and for more information click here