Transitioning to a just and sustainable future requires a perspective that is more integral, more holistic and more demanding of co-operation than anything we have seen since the rise of industrialization.
To meet this challenge, Toward Co-operative Commonwealth: Transition in a Perilous Century, a Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) is being delivered by Synergia Institute and Athabasca University.
As part of the delivery of the MOOC, CCEDNet is seeking to collaborate with community partners across the country to advance learning outcomes of the MOOC through the Synergia Transition and Resilience Climate Action Program (STARCAP). The program’s objective is to mobilize local climate action in ways that advance community resilience, capacity and climate justice.
Who are STARCAP’s Community Partners?
Community partners are organizations who recognize the urgency of community-led climate action and are already active in that work or are committed to undertaking it.
With support from CCEDNet, partners recruit participants within their networks to enroll in the MOOC and apply course frameworks through study circles, action groups and participatory workshops.
The program provides impactful community building and mobilization tools including:
- a shared language for community stakeholders to speak about climate change
- frameworks to guide climate action and community resilience initiatives
- tools to network across various stakeholders (local governments, community/regionally anchored businesses, affiliate organizations and networks, youth initiatives, etc.) to advance movement building
- examples of community-led, climate activism from Canada and around the world to inspire and catalyze efforts
- participatory workshops
- 1:1 guidance on climate action and community resilience planning with environmental and community development educators
- networking and network building across the program’s community partner network
Partners will receive a $20,000 contribution from STARCAP to support program requirements
Become a STARCAP Community Partner
For more information on STARCAP and how to apply, download the Community Partner Information Package (PDF) below.