Our Emerging Leaders (EL) Committee is a group of young people within the Canadian CED Network with the purpose of increasing the contributions of young people entering into the CED field and ensuring an active and meaningful voice in the Network
Community Economic Development (CED) is action by local people to develop common economic, social and environmental solutions.
Committee members are involved in:
- Developing and presenting CED learning events (projects, conferences, workshops)
- Projects based in social, economic and environmental values
- Having a voice in the Network’s programming and planning
- Developing outreach with other youth-focused CED organizations
- Connecting with youth interested in CED in your community
Other EL members have:
- Built lasting relationships with like-minded young adults
- Attended networking and knowledge sharing events (locally and nationally)
- Participated in project planning and implementation
- Made lasting change in their community
- Found meaningful CED jobs more aligned with their goals
We need your passion, excitement and skills to join our committee.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume outlining your personal experience (maximum 2 pages please) to Ryan, EL Co-Chair at emerging_leaders at live.com by December 1, 2009 (5PM PT).
EL has a national teleconference the 3rd Thursday of every month (7:30 ET)
Together, we are building fairer and stronger local economies and we need your help!