On June 6, CCEDNet members gathered online to participate in the 2019 annual general meeting (AGM).
Watch the AGM Recording
Board Chair, Laurie Cook, helped the meeting run smoothly. Given the discussion around the proposed resolution, the chair let the meeting run 15 minutes over the alloted hour. The resolution was adopted by the members and the Board will be deliberating how best to move forward with it. Stay tuned for more news on this in the coming weeks.
Feedback following the AGM was very positive. Here are a few things our members had to say about the AGM:
- [The highlight of the AGM for me was] the discussion of the member initiatied resolution
- This is where we need to go….Your system gave me some really interesting new approaches to pursue such as the split screen and the in real time voting system Very creative you guys are.
- I appreciated a lot the overview of significant achievements.
- [The highlight of the AGM for me was] the ability to bridge members from across the country in two languages!
- Comments were interesting, the well run format was great
- By far the best participation, with more than 40 members.
CCEDNet’s Executive Director, Mike Toye, presented highlights from 2018 and CCEDNet’s Treasurer, Diana Jedig, presented the audited financial statements.
Members congratulated Laurie Cook, Marianne Jurzyniec, Walter Hossli, and Yvon Poirier on renewed Board mandates, as well as recently appointed Board member, Jean-François Parent. Members alse expressed gratitude to outgoing Board members Carol Madsen, Wendy Keats, Carol Anne Hilton, Emmanuel Bertrand-Gauvin, and Luc Morin.
Many thanks to the members who participated, the staff who organized the logistics, and to CCEDNet’s Board members who guide the Network throughout the year.