Join CCEDNet’s Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice!
- Looking to continue learning, sharing, and building on your capacity for Local Organizing for Fair Economies?
- Already involved in local organizing work in your own community, and want to connect with other organizers across Canada?
- Totally new to this work, and looking to learn more?
Everyone is welcome and has a place in the Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice.
Join an emerging national community of local practitioners and community organizers, connecting and exploring how local organizing principles and approaches can contribute to the creation of more sustainable, fair and inclusive economies.
The Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice helps:
- Curate resources (such as our Community Benefits page)
- Facilitate conversations about challenges and solutions
- Track policy updates (municipal, provincial, federal, Indigenous, etc.)
- Identify resources available
The Community of Practice meets via Zoom video call.
A Google Group is used to continue these conversations and serve as an organizing space. Join the Google Group here!
Join the conversations! Click on the link to register, receive the link to join the calls, and find out more about each topic area.
Local Organizing for Responsible Development
January 31, 2020, 1pmEST
Organizing for Grassroots Power & Leadership
February 28, 2020, 1pmEST
Organizing for Municipal Social Procurement and Community Benefits
March 27, 2020, 1pmEST
Local Organizing for Small Scale Innovation
April 24, 2020, 1pmEST
Organizing Across Sectors & Silos: Weaving Networks
May 29, 2020, 1pmEST
Organizing for Powerful Gatherings
June 26, 2020, 1pmEST
Stay up to date on the Local Organizing for Fair Economies Community of Practice work here.