A new toolkit has been launched to help foster social innovation across Windsor-Essex.
This first-of-its-kind toolkit will provide information for non-profits and entrepreneurs wanting to create innovative new products, services or approaches that address social challenges.
The comprehensive toolkit includes:
- Learn how to be a Social Entrepreneur – online and in-class courses, Do-it-Yourself (DIY) toolkits and free resources locally and beyond.
- Social Enterprises – what they are, and how they operate.
- Social Entrepreneurs – a person who uses a business model to solve social problems.
- Social Innovation – building a better world, one idea at a time.
- Social Business Model Canvas – a tool for creating a business model around a social enterprise.
- Starting & Growing a Social Enterprise – for creating a new enterprise, or expanding an existing one, a directory of educational and informational resources including courses, events, mentorship and incubation spaces.
- Grants & Financing – local, provincial and national grants, loans and equity investment options.
Social Enterprises have been recognized as an important social innovation tool by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth, which launched a social enterprise strategy to accelerate their growth.
The more than 10,000 social enterprises already in Ontario are helping reduce poverty, protect the environment, build stronger communities and create jobs.
“We are very excited to provide these tools to entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations,” states Yvonne Pilon, President & CEO WEtech Alliance. “These resources will help inform and ignite even more innovation across our region.”
The Social Innovation Toolkit is one of several programs of the Windsor-Essex Social Innovation Project, funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
About WEtech Alliance: WEtech Alliance is Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent’s Technology Accelerator; an industry-led non-profit organization focused on driving the growth and success of technology centric companies and entrepreneurs through leadership, connections and promotion. WEtech strives to identify, find solutions and foster the development of the technology industry in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent by engaging companies in the technology and innovation sector, as well as companies who utilize technology.