|Last year was a busy one for CCEDNet. Here is an overview of some of our accomplishments.
• Web traffic continues to grow with 2,000 unique visitors each week on our seven websites. Our online toolbox now has over 1,100 resources and there are nearly 200 posts on our blog.
• Videos on our YouTube channel have been viewed 16,000 times.
• In 2016, our websites received more than 150,000 visits for news, events, resources & jobs.
|• In June, we held our second fully virtual AGM with online voting & simultaneous translation.
• Our 14th annual Manitoba Gathering brought together nearly 500 people & featured keynotes from Harsha Walia and Karen Joseph
|• CCEDNet-Ontario published an updated provincial social enterprise survey and began trusteeing Social Enterprise Toronto, hosting the 2nd biennial conference.
|• CCEDNet co-organized the North American Forum on the Social Solidarity Economy in Detroit.
|• ECONOUS2016, the national CED conference, returned after 6 years with a fabulous gathering in downtown Montréal, hosted by CEDEC.
• Eight national webinars on topics like Ontario’s Social Enterprise Strategy, New Brunswick’s new CED corporations and Environmental Justice for Affordable Housing attracted 256 participants.
• Spark, CCEDNet’s pro bono matching service, leveraged almost $140,000 in short term, specific and high impact assistance for non profits working for social change in Winnipeg
• CCEDNet-Manitoba began implementing the three-year Manitoba Social Enterprise Strategy, including a new website and the first Winnipeg Social Finance Forum.
|• CCEDNet hosted a gathering of funders, policy-makers and thought leaders to consider ‘What’s Next for CED‘ in the leadup to ECONOUS2016.
• CCEDNet-Manitoba promoted CED during the provincial election and with municipal officials and delivered 10 capacity building workshops.
|All this is possible thanks to our members and funders. Join us by becoming a member, or support the movement for inclusive and sustainable economies by making a donation.