Join NPQ on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 @ 2:00pm – 3:30pm ET to learn and address how we build regional economies rooted in community ownership.
As Stacey Sutton wrote to introduce an NPQ article series last fall on “Solidarity Economies—Building Community Power,” the growth of solidarity economy organizations across the country over the last decade has been “somewhat astounding.” In this webinar, cosponsored by the New Economy Coalition, the panel will build on the contributions from that series and take a deep look at movement growth and ongoing challenges— with participants from New Orleans, Los Angeles, Oakland (CA), Buffalo and Washington DC sharing their perspectives. The panelists are:
- Andrew Delmonte is executive director of Cooperation Buffalo.
- Gilda Haas is a senior advisor and cofounder of L.A. Co-op Lab in Los Angeles.
- Gregory Jackson is cofounder and lead steward for Repaired Nations in Oakland, California.
- Maya Pen is an artist and a member of the steering committee of Cooperation New Orleans.
- Bianca Vasquez and Felix Macraeg are co-directors of Beloved Community Incubator in Washington, DC.
Anywhere in Canada
CED Around the World, Local Economy, Social Economy, Stories & Experiences